The Miniature Camera Club of Oakland was founded in 1934. In 1950, the Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws were changed, and the club became the Oakland Camera Club.
For decades, the Oakland Camera Club served photographers with divisions for stereo, movies, color slides, black & white and color prints, and a school of photography.
Today, the Oakland Camera Club’s stereo division has grown to become the leading resource for Bay Area photographers who practice the art of 3-D.
“Oakland Camera Club” no longer describes who we are, where we meet, or what we do. As the Golden Gate Stereoscopic Society, we’ll continue to make, share, and advocate for stereo photography as a non-profit organization and member of the Photographic Society of America.